Friday 25 September 2009

Mafia Wars-a-holic

Addicted to Mafia Wars?

At first I was not playing it seriously. I'd login my FB account everyday, but just to check on my friends and put in a few comments on my friend's status. If I had time, I'll check on my Mafia Wars account, do a few jobs, fight a few mafias, collect property takes etc etc - the normal stuff and if there were nothing interesting left to do I'd log out.

The enthusiasm started quite low for me. It was later that it started picking up. In a day I would login at least 3 times, checking my friends status' and posts, and afterwards Mafia Wars until I finish all my energy and stamina.

As I had experience using cheats on other games before this, it crossed my mind if there were any cheats or tricks to play this game.

To my surprise, there were cheats and effective tricks available. The first trick was to add friends to your FB account. The only problem is where to find them - which I will explain later.

Being the curious me, I checked under top families and discovered that there are players with ridiculous levels. And these players had their names spelled differently. I googled the names and it turns out that some of them were bots by Zynga to test the game for bugs.

Of course that information did not intrigue me well enough. It was when I found that there were players posting there names here and it was just a matter of adding them to your friends list. I started adding all of them to my friends list, until I managed to increase my mafia size from 98 to 195 in one night!

Back to adding friends - my friends list increased so fast that facebook had to slow me down - a pink box appeared saying that I'm adding my friends too fast and a CAPTCHA would require me to enter the text I see in the box.

My account froze several times because I was heavily adding and receiving friend requests at such short time.

*This is one of Facebook's security measure to avoid spamming.

But my search did not end there. I found out that there are bots available for MW Geeks, but so far I have only tested the demo version. Have yet to find a cracked version of that.

Anyways, the result was uncontrollable status updates from all my mafia. Every second there would be a new post. Since I was accustomed to use several browsers and windows, my guess that it had caused my account to slow down pretty bad until all my outgoing and incoming conn stopped. Haha. Talk about hard core. Finally had to restart my pc.

Now?the fight goes on. Status updates are uncontrollable. I have to run FB on 3 or 4 browsers. Sometimes more.

Level bukan tinggi pun. But coming soon....he he he....


my 2 cents.




No comments: